Miss you so much. Just thought I'd get in here and post a couple things about my little life in Georgia. First, the weather is nuts. The other day I was with Lucy and her puppy friend Sabo down stairs letting them play and as I was gross with sweat and feeling like I should've put sunscreen on for the 10 min in the blistering sun (it was only 94 btw) and we jump at the thunder cracking over us. Not ten minutes later the clouds rolled in and rained like cats and dogs. You just never know when it's gonna hit around here. It really makes doing your hair such a waste. And another thing ill tell you it's kinda a catch 22 with getting to know our neighbors cause now I feel weird about taking Lucy out without a bra on. Me not her.
But we are getting to know some people in the complex which is nice. Helps us feel less like strangers or visitors in this town. And Lucy has 2 new puppy friends! When she hears them outside she rings her bell :) and she's mastered the headlock. Brad thinks he taught her how to wrestle lol.
Well I know I've told you all and I'm sure you noticed when we came to AZ that I've gained a pound, or 13! since the wedding and I hate it. So I'm on a health kick. This week while brads gone on his ten day I've gone to all the Zumba and spin classes I can and been eating really clean. Against my better judgment I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 4lbs since brad left! (That was my goal for the ten days!) so I'm setting a new goal to double my loss before I see him Tuesday :) enough on that though.
Oh,oh! I had my third client this week today! That's been awesome. Meeting new girls through that and making a little moola for my little family is nice. We have a ridiculous packing list for brads ranger school and everyone in know says it'll cost over $1000. Not awesome. So it's nice to feel like I'm contributing :)
Okay so I'm sure you saw on the news (well not terra) that a soldier died in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber on Tuesday morning. He was an ASU ROTC graduate and was just one class ahead of Bradley. He was infantry reserves and had his ranger tab. Obviously this hits way too close to home and knowing that brad knew him and all his/our friends from ASU ROTC all knew him, some commissioned with him. Thinking about having to tell my husband about this when he gets home is so hard- now I don't know how well brad knew him but I know they're fb friends and have like 30 mutual friends, including sarah blakeley and brads two best guy friends from college, santo and billy. So today my heart was pretty heavy with this. I don't know how to approach telling Bradley because I don't know how he will react. Okay okay I don't want to talk about that anymore.
Love you girl so much. Blog soon :)
I'm so proud of your blogging love it! I'm so sad about brads friend and I know this will be the hardest part of military life knowing those lost and in the same breathe being so grateful it's not your loved one. We will pray over that family! Amazing weight loss, throw your scale away though!!! Those numbers will become your good days and bad days and that's not good!
ReplyDeleteYes ma'am :)
ReplyDelete