4 Sisters Talk

Four Sisters, One Bond, Forever Intertwined
We are 4 sisters living life together near and far. We have created this blog to stay connected over the miles. Sharing what sisters talk about - life, love, kids, cute boys (little ones that is), recipes and more. Hoping to shine our light along the way.

January 13, 2014

Finite.

Disclaimer: this might be a bit mushy. Well, no. It is mushy. Read at your own risk.

Okay, so Bradley and I saw Lone Survivor on Saturday afternoon. Great movie....for anyone who's never lost anyone, knows someone who lost someone, is not in the military and not married into the military. It was a very heavy movie but the relationships between these men was beautiful. The line that both Bradley and I left saying was the line that made us loose it was when 'Axe' turns to Luttrell and says, 'hey, man if I don't make it tell my wife I love her so much. And I died with my brothers with a full heart.' Phew. This has since then been on my mind. Partly because for a moment I thought, 'gosh, I hope I'm the last thing brad sees'
I probably had that thought because I've been a crazy bitch all last week! Thank you Mother Nature! After I realized of course I will be :) I got to thinking as much as I want to die old and gray next to Bradley in bed after we've had great great grandchildren, neither of us are guaranteed that ideal image. The fact is we were created with a certain number of days on this earth and only God knows when we will leave. I am finite. I am only guaranteed the moments that have already passed me by. Dang. When I think of the past week and my poor attitude or the time I've wasted not loving well. Not serving, caring, listening, talking... And not just with Bradley but with Jesus and all those I love and the strangers I meet too. I only have a certain amount of time to be here and to love my amazing Bradley. I don't need to waste my precious time being anxious about our future, planning for babies one day, irritated at whatever.... I need to live for now, that's all I have. 
Alright, it's just what I've been thinking about. Love you girls so much! Xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment