4 Sisters Talk

Four Sisters, One Bond, Forever Intertwined
We are 4 sisters living life together near and far. We have created this blog to stay connected over the miles. Sharing what sisters talk about - life, love, kids, cute boys (little ones that is), recipes and more. Hoping to shine our light along the way.

September 16, 2013

Another use for coconut oil!

Sitting in church yesterday I kept thinking how dingy my boots were looking. But they're not worn just the leather looks sad, almost faded. So as the sermon was dragging on :/ (we had a different pastor speaking and it was real sad because literally even the sound booth guys were dozing off) I Had the idea that I could condition my boots with coconut oil. This morning I tried it and they look great. Now it didn't work exactly the way I thought. I was thinking I would more or less be dusting and shining them up, but it really moisturized them and they look beautiful though I will say it scared me at first as it started to change the color pretty drastically at first. 
I put maybe a teaspoon of coconut oil on a rag and rubbed it in a circular motion all over my boot adding more oil as needed to the rag. The oil does soak in and leaves the boot nice and even but as you're applying it may appear darker in some spots. 
Now this worked on my boots that are real leather, I haven't tried my less than leather boots yet and I'm not saying it will work on your boots but I loved it and thought I'd share- please no phone calls about ruined boots- Bradley won't pay to replace any losses.


       After                                                    Before


2 comments: