Day 1:
Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with clarified butter, 2 slices bacon crumbled, handful spinach chopped, and a shake of Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning Grinder, coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.
Snack: Went to Heather's house this morning to let the kids play and avoid the 2014 AZ flood waters :) So I went prepared and packed a snack. Plantain Chips and Guacamole. This was delicious and totally satisfying.
Lunch: Cobb Salad: 2 handfuls of spring mix greens, boiled egg chopped (found already prepared at Trader Joe's), chopped grilled seasoned chicken (found already prepared at Trader Joe's, I chopped up the chicken breast and sautéed in olive oil while I was prepping my salad), crumbled bacon (because bacon makes everything better), handful of shredded carrots, chopped tomatos and topped with Avocado Lime Dressing (I whip this up in Nutribullet it's an avocado, juice from 2 limes, garlic salt, and a little bit of olive oil).
Dinner: We had a going away party to go to on my first Whole30 day! UGH! So I made a smoothie - large handful spinach, 1/2 can coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, ice, 2 scoops almond butter, 1 banana- and signed up to take a side of fruit. At the party I snacked on grapes and the smoothie had filled me up and kept me full so I was fine.
Journal: End of day one feeling empowered and like "I can do this!" I never felt deprived or hungry, I have read that you have to eat enough protein to keep you full so I feel that my proportions are pretty big. Didn't have my usual afternoon headache or gassy evening belly...could this be working already? I do have to say that I have been strictly gluten free for 5 months and dairy free for 7 months so I know that having already eliminated these food categories is helping tremendously.
Breakfast: Green Eggs! 3 eggs, spinach, and Everyday Seasoning Grinder in Nutribullet, scrambled with crumbled bacon and clarified butter. Side of cantaloupe and Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.
- I was trying to make it fun for kids. Found it hard to put these in my mouth but they tasted fine.
Dinner: We had our Missional Community Group from church for dinner as usual on Tuesday nights. I was in charge of main meal so I provided grilled chicken, salad, leftover fruit from party last night and I made a Homemade Greek Dressing. Someone else brought veggie salad toppings.
Sweet: Did eat much at dinner because I was emotional over my GG being in hospital and our friends moving to so after group was a little hungry. I warmed up some almond butter in the microwave topped with sliced banana, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and sliced almonds. AMAZING and totally satisfied my sweet tooth - which is saying a lot because Andrew was sitting next to me eating ice cream.
Day 3:
Breakfast: Usual 3 egg omelet with spinach. Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.
Journal: Woke up feeling good and my stomach didn't hurt...but then oh running to the bathroom!...ok, detoxing good....I guess?! Good but not fun! No cravings!
Day 3:
Breakfast: Usual 3 egg omelet with spinach. Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon.
Lunch: Cobb Salad again but with greek dressing from last night and avocado.
Dinner: Amazing Sweet Potato Bun Jalepeno Burgers with Bacon and Avocado. Side of fruit. Dinner inspired by this recipe. I modified by using garlic salt and Everyday Seasoning from Trader Joe's on the meat and adding chopped jalepeno to burger meat. Plus we added bacon for obvious reasons!

Journal: Holy Moly Day 3 HANGOVER! Woke up a little pissed at the thought of eggs and my tummy hurt all morning and feeling sluggish. Ran to the bathroom but only once. TMI! After I got over my morning and ate my eggs anyways I felt better. Was so impressed by our dinner and that I am not making separate meals for the kids, they are eating what we are eating and liking it to. This is amazing!
Day 4:
Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with crumbled bacon (No spinach today feeling over spinached!) did a 1/2 avocado on the side as well as leftover sweet potatoes from last nights dinner. With my usual coffee.
Lunch: Had a late lunch due to being gone in the morning and was not wanting a salad so I grabbed the Applegate Turkey Whole30 approved - it is hard to find lunch meat with no sugar! I wrapped in lettuce with avocado, pickles and spicy brown mustard. Side of Vegetable Chips. I really did not like this turkey thought was slimy! Chips yum!
Dinner: Needed an easy meal because we were going to go run errands after dinner. I had made up some Mango Salsa (Mango, tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice, yellow pepper and cilantro) in the afternoon to use with dinner. I grabbed a bag of organic red potatoes out of the freezer and fried up with some Garlic Herb Chicken Sausage from Trader Joe's. Served with salad topped with mango salsa.
Journal: I am really impressed with how much I'm actually enjoying what I am eating at every meal. I am eating big portions and feeling satisfied. Not NEEDING to snack and not feeling any blood sugar drops when I do get hungry. No HANGRY issues :) Feeling more energy in the afternoon. My stomach didn't feel great this morning but better than yesterday and I started my cycle and feeling emotional stress over GG so might not be from Whole30. Today was the hardest day for "making meals" because I was over spinach in my eggs and salad for lunch and felt like we were running low on groceries.
Day 5:
Breakfast: Usual 3 egg omelette with bacon and spinach. Usual coffee.
Lunch: Made my green smoothie - large handful spinach, 1/2 can coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, ice, 2 scoops almond butter, 1 banana.
Dinner: Coconut Crusted Chicken Burger - recipe here - sweet potatoes and fruit on the side. This was amazing! and easy!
Journal: Woke up feeling good. Feeling NOT bloated. I have really noticed I'm feeling good thru the afternoons, no need for snacking or sweets and no headaches or feeling like low blood sugar. I'm truly amazing at how good I'm feeling already! Felt a little stuck on what to eat and learning I need more meals planned at beginning of the week.
Day 6:
Breakfast: Made our family a 6 egg omelet with bacon, spinach, basil, and everyday seasoning with clarified butter. Made a side of banana, almond butter, shredded coconut and sliced almonds for my Saturday morning sweet tooth. We had Starbucks black iced coffee and I added my coconut milk
Lunch: Clean out the fridge Salad and side of chips.
Snack: Green Smoothie - large handful spinach, 1/2 can coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, ice, 2 scoops almond butter, 1 banana.
Dinner: HOORAY they served buffet Mexican food. I had a serving of chicken and peppers with guacamole, lettuce and diced tomatoes (I took a lot it was out as a taco topping but I tried making a salad) and took a scoop of rice but only had a few bites.
Journal: This morning was the hardest morning for me because we always make a sweet Saturday breakfast and make a Dutch Bros. run. Other than my Saturday morning sweet blues I am feeling good and proud I'm feeding my kids healthy. We went to a wedding at 4:30pm so I had a green smoothie on the way to hold me over and to ensure I wasn't starving in case I couldn't eat dinner. Packed a LARABAR and almonds in my purse but didn't use. I wasn't even tempted by the cake.
Day 7:
Breakfast: Coconut Cinnamon Pancakes - recipe here topped with berries, shredded coconut, cinnamon and sliced almonds. Enjoyed very much by the whole family. Made eggs for protein.
Lunch: Ok almost fell off the wagon - In-N-Out Burger protein style double patty with pickles and mustard. And yes about 1/2 a thing of fries which I joyfully and guiltily stuffed in my face! They are only potatoes I chanted ....then gathered myself and jumped back on the wagon.
Snack: almonds and an organic no added sugar fruit leather.
Dinner: I never "fix a meal" on Sunday evening and we always have breakfast for dinner on Sundays or something out of freezer. So I made Almond Butter Paleo Waffles - Recipe here, we love these and I add cinnamon. I also had a green smoothie because I felt guilty about my lack of veggies for the day.
Journal: Woke up pissed off about having to eat eggs again. First day I really felt upset about eating Paleo. So I compromised with myself and we made and ALL enjoyed Paleo Pancakes. Went to church and we always leave starving and didn't really have a plan for lunch (bad idea) so we drove thru In-N-Out Burger - I know almost fell off the wagon. In review of my lunch choices I feel it was an ok choice BUT I was not full so apparently not enough protein and veggies here. I wanted a snack by 2pm! Haven't had that issue all week. Spent the afternoon menu planning and grocery shopping. Snacked on almonds and an organic no added sugar fruit leather. Had a hard time at dinner again because of old habits but I figure if I change old habits into Paleo recipes that is a big step in the right direction. Was a moody day and felt deprived of "regular" food but glad to have a plan for the week and grocery shopping done. Ready to tackle another week of this lifestyle. :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment